What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer pictures from cameras to iPad

Davidd31415

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone have suggestions on how to quickly move photos from cameras and camera phones to the iPad? I have a Canon Rebel XT and a Droid X. Normally I'd just connect to a computer with a USB cable but I don't see any sort of file manager on the iPad so I'm guessing it won't pull pictures from the DroidX like that....

Best solution I've found so far is to upload to Picassa and then navigate to the website. Didn't see a Picassa app.

Absolutely no interest in spending money to have *THIS* task performed. If there isn't a native solution I'll suffer and complain until a device which offers it hits the market.

David

Bill-fl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the camera connection kit? That will do it.

For my pro work, I use an eyefi card, and aluratek router and shutter snitch app. When I take a picture, it wirelessly drops to the iPad for customer previews, though that is not a free solution.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone have suggestions on how to quickly move photos from cameras and camera phones to the iPad? I have a Canon Rebel XT and a Droid X. Normally I'd just connect to a computer with a USB cable but I don't see any sort of file manager on the iPad so I'm guessing it won't pull pictures from the DroidX like that....

Best solution I've found so far is to upload to Picassa and then navigate to the website. Didn't see a Picassa app.

Absolutely no interest in spending money to have *THIS* task performed. If there isn't a native solution I'll suffer and complain until a device which offers it hits the market.

David
Hah! Be prepared for a long siege...
Might as well join the Flash supporters. At least suffering in groups makes pain endurable...

Seriously, Apple sometimes makes changes to some decisions if their consequences do not bring enough revenue. This is obviously not a point that will touch them in this case. If you wait for the next iPad it may bring you an onboard camera. It's the only concession they'll make apart from the camera connection kit.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For quick it's pay :(
That said the camera connector works well for cheaper and eyefi for more expensive.
Slow there's the upload to pc and sync, but it's free.
Remember this wasn't designed for professional photographers.

"Hah! Be prepared for a long siege...
Might as well join the Flash supporters. At least suffering in groups makes pain endurable..." and it helps drown out your cries......

OP
D

Davidd31415

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh no...

Is there a way to get it to save photos automatically so when there is no internet connection I can still view them?

Chapco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use camera kit, the SD chip connector is easiest for me, then use photogene to add to my local folders. You can use photo gene to upload to flickr,facebook, and others.

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't PB truncate pictures? Everytime I upload a picture to PB they always look like crap.

Most reactions