What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and Smartboard

derekes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a teacher who uses a smartboard that runs off a pc. How can I mirror my windows display to both the ipad and the smartboard? Log me in is blocked by the school. Can air display do this, I read that it cannot mirror a windows machine, it can only be used as a secondary monitor. Thanks for the help.

OP
D

derekes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
air display

Does air display mirror the pc display and act as a touch screen? Or, is there a better app for that?

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a teacher who uses a smartboard that runs off a pc. How can I mirror my windows display to both the ipad and the smartboard? Log me in is blocked by the school. Can air display do this, I read that it cannot mirror a windows machine, it can only be used as a secondary monitor. Thanks for the help.

IIUC, you can run streamate remotely using the gmail app. And hook it up to your display board via an HDMI or VGA connection. I think. Haven't tried, but I assume that would work!

OP
D

derekes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but the idea is that I will be able to walk around the room and have either the students or I use the ipad to display on the smart board.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but the idea is that I will be able to walk around the room and have either the students or I use the ipad to display on the smart board.

If you connected a PC to the smartboard, you could use a VNC connection to run the PC desktop remotely on your Ipad. Ipad is portable, and the stable image is visible on the screen! Depends on your internet scenario, that is.

Most reactions

Latest posts