What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Desktop App

Hopdevil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good remote desktop app for me. I've tried Splashtop, but had trouble connecting with 3G. I'm now using RDM+. It works, but is slow.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good remote desktop app for me. I've tried Splashtop, but had trouble connecting with 3G. I'm now using RDM+. It works, but is slow.

You say you've tried Splashtop but have you tried it with the very latest update - just a week or so ago? There's a new experimental feature in there where you supply your gmail address to the iPad app and the PC app and it simply connects without any trouble at all - no port forwarding or any other router configuration stuff.

If you haven't tried it for a while, it might be worth revisiting....

Tim

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jump desktop. Tried splashtop and it is good for around the house, but nowhere else. Jump uses google to automatically find your computer. It is a bit slow, but it always works.

IceManNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.kershner.com
LogMeIn

I also use LogMeIn ignition - it lists over a hundred workstations that I have it installed on and lets me take them over. The latest version is much better and different than the first one.

siteplan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just letting everyone know that SplashTop is having a $.99 memorial day weekend sale at the app store

Last edited:

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
siteplan said:
I'm just letting everyone know that SplashTop is having a $.99 memorial day weekend sale at the app store

Thank you SITEPLAN, grabbed it yesterday! AWEEEEESOME

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use itap rdp and it works great around the house but having trouble getting tcp failure when I'm out. What Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

dlaroche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TeamViewer is a great app for remote access and does not have an issue with which network you are using.

sjwall68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too use LogMeIn Ignition

I would like to add that the one time cost of $30 is well worth it for the LogMeIn Ignition applet. By installing the LogMeIn Free version (make sure to uncheck the box pushing to try the pay version LogMeIn Pro) on as many computers as you need (no limit that I am aware of), you will not only be able to remotely control any of them, you will also gain the ability to transfer files to and from any of the computers within your list of computers.

However, if you do find yourself needing to perform file transfers from a computer rather than your IPAD, then the paid LoghMeIn Pro is also a good choice.

Either Way It Is A Great Tool!!!

thedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have teamviewer on my home PC and it works pretty well for connecting from the Ipad2. The mouse feature is pretty good. The only issue is when you go to connect you have to type in or what I do is paste in the connection number to your home PC. Then I type in my password that I configured in at the home pc. When I rotate my ipad the scaling works perfectly. But recently I purchased splashtop and to connect its much easier. My home internet IP never changes. So I just plugged in the IP and did a simple port forward with 3 ports in the range. The only difference is the screen automatically drops down to an IPad resolution probably custimizable but I dont mind that. And the benefit is sound and a pretty good video streaming. I ran media center and I can watch tv on my ipad now. I dont maximize the video to full ipad screen, I just leave it in about a 2 1/2 inch window inside my ipad. At work where Im also on wireless internet connected to our internet backbone it streams pretty good. On my verizon mifi, the video rate wasnt bad either. audio is perfect, video stays in sync but it gets a little choppy but still pefect for news or something. I like it so much I was going to create a post about it but since its already mentioned, ill just add to this, I give it 2 thumbs up.

Most reactions

Latest posts