What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote App not working on iPad2 but does work on iPod Touch

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Like many on the various Apple Help Forums I an still having problems getting the Remote App to work on my iPad2.

I have found that I can enter the 4 digit code but I can only do this if I connect myWindows7 based PC to the router by a wireless dongle, if I connect by a cable connection I do not get my iPad show up in the devices section of iTunes and do not get the option to add the 4 digit code.

So with the PC on the wireless network I add the 4 digit code the remote app then starts looking for my Library and then displays "Could not find"

I also have access to an iPod Touch and if I do the same the remote app will find my Library and I am able to control it.

I have checked all the settings on both the iPad2 and the Ipod Touch and every thing is set the same.

I have tried it with the PC's Firewall turned on and off and that makes no difference.

Why ho why will my iPad not find the Library when the iPod will.

One othe thing I have noticed is the option to search for remotes in iTunes is no longer there in the prefrences but it does show that I am paired with 2 remotes.

Anyone got any other thoughts on why I am having this connection issue.

Thanks

Paul

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as I thought I was getting somewhere the iPod Touch can not find the library now.

This is Sooooooooo Frustrating.

Paul

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you and others are having similar probs, how about contacting the developer?

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And just as suddenly, I have just done a re-set of both the iPad2 and the iPod Touch and miraculously both are now working and controlling iTunes.

I wonder how long it will last?

Paul

OzzieBruce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might help as it has for me.
Go to setting
Select Wifi
Select your home wifi netwok
Select "forget this connection"
Rejoin your Wifi

Do same on your PC
Slect "home" as type of connection.

I spent hours trying to nut this out. I had selected another option which made my PC invisible and therefore unable to connect using the remote app.

I hope it helps
Regards
Bruce

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All problems with the remote app are now resolved and its working fine on both my iPod Touch and my iPad2.

And the problem was !!!!!!

My Router, I was using the one supplied by my telecoms provider (TalkTalk) as soon as I replaced it with a Linksys one everything worked first time.

And there was me blaming Apple.

Paul

Most reactions

Latest posts