What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a working solution to getting the Apple Remote app working

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wondering if there had been a solution found to get the Apple remote app working reliably on a Windows PC, I have it on 3 different iOS devices and sometimes it will work faultlessly and sometimes it just refuses to take control. I know this was a big issue for many people a year ago and I just wondered if a solution had been found or not.

Thanks for any helpful replies.

Paul

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using it recently.

Sometimes it loses my library and has to be restarted in iTunes. I do this by turning Home Sharing off and back on again.

Hopefully iTunes 11 will sort it out.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
P

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the replies

The trouble is it had been working ok for the last couple of months, until I download the new version of remote and iTunes, and now I just cannot get it to work, iTunes see's my iPad but just cannot connect through remote, I even tried re pairing it and although the box pops up to enter the 4 digit code, iTunes will not accept the code, also my printing option has also stopped working, I use Fingerprint and that has the same issues, it works fine when remote works and stops when remote stops, so something is effecting both processes.

Anyone got any thoughts.

Thanks

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As an update to this thread, I recently updated iTunes to 11, and Remote to the latest version on iPad 2 and iPhone 4. It works perfectly. The ability to add to the "up next" list on the iPad version is particularly welcome.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions