What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refurbished iPad 2's Available

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has started selling refurbished iPad 2's...

Clearance iPad Accessories - Apple Store (U.S.)

Apple "refurbs" carry the same one-year warranty (AppleCare can extend that to three years) and the quality is always "as new" condition. They replace the screens and the back cover so no one will ever know. The only real difference is that they come in unmarked boxes.

I've purchased a number of Apple refurbs and all have performed flawlessly.

They have 32GB and 64GB WiFi and 3G iPad 2 models (at the moment) for AT&T and Verizon. They also have 64GB WiFi only for $50 off of the price of a new model. Black or white...your choice (again, at the moment).

So if you've been waiting...now's your chance!

Last edited:

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure refurbished Apple products are okay.. but I would hesitate to buy one, even with the better price. Last summer when my first Moto Droid broke, I had a string of failures with the 6 refurbished phones I had to go through before they gave me a new one.

OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure refurbished Apple products are okay.. but I would hesitate to buy one, even with the better price. Last summer when my first Moto Droid broke, I had a string of failures with the 6 refurbished phones I had to go through before they gave me a new one.
Apples and oranges. Pun intended. ;)

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know, and I'm sure you're right. I just had a horrendous summer with Verizon last year, that I don't think I could ever buy anything refurb again. :(

OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know, and I'm sure you're right. I just had a horrendous summer with Verizon last year, that I don't think I could ever buy anything refurb again. :(
How frustrating and understandable...but with a different product manufactured by a different company.

What I was saying is that if anyone came here and said that they had purchased a refurbished iPad, iPhone, iPod, iMac...any Apple product and had to return it six times to get one that worked it would be relevant. Anyone familiar with Apple products would be shocked by such a claim and question it's veracity because quite honestly you'll never hear such a story here or anywhere else. That said, Apple products aren't perfect (obviously because we're talking about refurbs here), but they are generally that good. That said I get where you're coming from and quite frankly, if it were any other manufacturer, I'd be right there with you.

Sent from my my 3 year old refurb iMac. :)

Last edited:

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, see, this is why I like Apple products. They may be "a step behind" in some respects (spec wise, according to my brother, not me), but their products are such high quality and so durable. That's precisely why I'm getting an iMac when my laptop calls it quits (financially, I am unable to buy one for a very long time, so I hope my Toshiba lasts awhile yet).

Motorola phones certainly don't sit well with me after last summer. My ultimate replacement last September was my Samsung Fascinate which is a piece of crap. I will be making the Apple transition there as soon as I can too which unfortunately isn't until April. :(

OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, see, this is why I like Apple products. They may be "a step behind" in some respects (spec wise, according to my brother, not me),
Oooo...now you're wandering into dangerous territory here. Nice fake pass blaming it on your brother though. :p

I will be making the Apple transition there as soon as I can too which unfortunately isn't until April. :(
The new iPhone 5 (or whatever they decide to call it) will be available by then...maybe with iOS 6, who knows? I had a Sammy phone once. When you get your iPhone you'll think you've died and gone to heaven! :D

Last edited:

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I got my 1st Iphone about 4 months ago after going through a similar experience with a Samsung Intercept. I went through 5 refurbished models and they would not let me have a new phone of any model. So I left Sprint and got my Iphone. I am so impressed with the support and the ease of my iphone--I could be a commercial. LOL

I would recommend a refurbished Ipad2 especially since it comes with full warranty and Apple supports their products 110%.

OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies, I managed to get my own thread off-topic. :eek: Thanks for pulling us back in Dee!

Back to the subject at hand...refurbished iPad 2's going forward.

Thanks!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
The new iPhone 5 (or whatever they decide to call it) will be available by then...maybe with iOS 6, who knows? I had a Sammy phone once. When you get your iPhone you'll think you've died and gone to heaven! :D
Oh I know I will be! My iPad proves that. I am so over Android. But unfortunately, I have a ways to wait for the iPhone. I have a feeling it will be worth it though! My mom got the 4 in February and I play with it all of the time.

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple refurbs are excellent in general. and they carry the same warranty as a new one. Many long time Apple buyers always buy refurbs, and on a solid state product like the iPad, there is even less to worry about.

faturner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just make sure you buy the refurbished products from Apple, and not other companies. I have bought several refurbs from Apple, including my wife's 16GB wifi iPad and never had a problem. I bought a refurb iPod from Best Buy online and had to replace the hard drive in it within 2 months.

Most reactions

Latest posts