What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Leather Smart Cover

owenmorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guy's got my iPad2 and red leather case, my wife took over from me in queue so I never actually saw cover till I got home from work, the thing is it was all hyped up by the manager this was cover to have and to be honest I'm taking back today as I'm not a lover think £60 is a lot for so little protection.

Owen on my new iPad2

sushman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
get the poly-urethane smart cover...half the price... i personally love the smart cover..unlock and locks with opening of the cover....awesome... i love minimal stuff

ksn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using the smart cover is not about protection.

Then what is it about? A semi-usable stand and off switch?

Its main purpose is definitely a screen protector but protects little else.

Last edited:

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It certainly is for me. I can lay it face down when not in use with no worries, and when it's sitting on a table face up I don't have to be concerned about my cat walking and sitting on the bare glass.

The stand feature is a very practical option.

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my red smart cover. I also have a Targus case as well.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It certainly is for me. I can lay it face down when not in use with no worries, and when it's sitting on a table face up I don't have to be concerned about my cat walking and sitting on the bare glass.

The stand feature is a very practical option.

I am with you. Your description matches how I use my red leather cover. For traveling I put my iPad with sleeve attached into a 'Kroo' brown leather envelope case that was made for a 10" netbook. Works perfect.

Last edited:

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my red smart cover

and my iPad2 with smart cover attached slips neatly into the Saddleback Leather iPad sleeve if you want to protect both front and back.

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Ive got questions for the red cover owners:

Do you own the white ipad2? If so, does the red leather bleed or leave a red residue onto the white housing?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a red smart cover and a white iPad 2. No bleeding and no issues with the cover. It adds a richness to the already unique white iPad IMHO.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a red smart cover and a white iPad 2. No bleeding and no issues with the cover. It adds a richness to the already unique white iPad IMHO.

I have a black leather smart case on a black iPad 2 (both colors have the same glass on top) and there is no bleeding and no issues. Of course the leather side never touches the face of the iPad anyway.

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a black leather smart case on a black iPad 2 (both colors have the same glass on top) and there is no bleeding and no issues. Of course the leather side never touches the face of the iPad anyway.

Yea I know they both have the same screen and yes the leather side never touches the screen, however on the red cover both sides are red. Some has said that this red material has rubbed off onto their white devices. So I was just wondering from the acutal owners who had both red covers with white devices how there's looked. In your case black on black, of course its a non- issues.

The 6th review was one of the ones that had me concerned, plus I read it somewhere else too.
iPad Smart Cover - Leather - (PRODUCT) RED - Apple Store (U.S.)

Reaction score
EIGHTYTHREE said:
Yea I know they both have the same screen and yes the leather side never touches the screen, however on the red cover both sides are red. Some has said that this red material has rubbed off onto their white devices. So I was just wondering from the acutal owners who had both red covers with white devices how there's looked. In your case black on black, of course its a non- issues.

The 6th review was one of the ones that had me concerned, plus I read it somewhere else too.
iPad Smart Cover - Leather - (PRODUCT) RED - Apple Store (U.S.)

It is impossible for the iPad bezel to get stained, because it is covered by glass. This is true for both the black and white version.

What can happen and apparently did happen for the six reviewer is, that the cover itself looses it's color.

Most reactions

Latest posts