What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recovering deleted text from iPad Notes App

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an existing note that I was editing yesterday and somehow I hit a key combination that deleted all the text in the Note (quite a lot). I have since found the undo key on the keyboard but this would not restore the text that was deleted. I have tried everything to recover it but no luck.

I have not turned off the iPad since this happened nor have I synced. Are Notes synced in iTunes? If so, where do I find them?

Any ideas on how to recover my Note?

Thanks!

rd86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notes can be synced but you will have needed to select this option prior, if you have not sync the notes that were lost then they will not be there any how. If you did sync when the notes were there you could do a restore.

Rhys

Johnny223

iPF Noob
Reaction score
where did you find the undo on the keyboard? I tried to recover accidentally deleted data, but finally gave up and bought Pages and started all over

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Johnny223 said:
where did you find the undo on the keyboard? I tried to recover accidentally deleted data, but finally gave up and bought Pages and started all over

Touch the .?123 key, then it's second row from bottom on the left.......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-17577778.png
    image-17577778.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 2,242

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
press the .?123 key beside the space key, you'll be in that numbers/symbols mode (no letters) with the 'undo' key visible at the 3rd row from the top, 2nd from the left.

Attachments

• image-4000324800.png
    image-4000324800.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 1,605

AnderChung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to use the undo key to recover the deleted notes. I do not seem to get it work.

aimeetompson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Typically, once you delete something it's irretrievable, because it's expected that you've backed it up in iTunes regularly. Going forward, if you don't want to sync, the built in Notes app is the last place you should consider storing anything. Try something either cloud based, like Evernote, or device based with cloud backup/sync. I use Notebooks for iPad for this sort of thing--it's 100x more useful than the native app, and I can back it up to Dropbox in a format easily read by my computer.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input; we always appreciate members helping each other out.

However, this is an old thread. Either the original poster has found the answer elsewhere or has moved on (last post was in Nov 2011).

Therefore, this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts