What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recording audio from Streaming into Garageband

FUpostmanDan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey folks, sorry if this is the wrong forum, thought musicians area might be my best bet!

Looking into a 2020 or 21 ipad pro, excited about the new studio quality mics and hoping I might be able to record my radio show on the go without bringing my studio setup. One hiccup I think I will have is that on my macbook I use a program called "VB cable" to record music from streaming services directly into garageband. Anyone know if there are any apps or workaround to do this on the ipad? Or will I still have to carry multiple devices if I make this investment? Thanks in advance!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don’t know of any way to record streaming audio on the iPad. While there is an approved way to redirect audio from one app to another, it’s a feature that has to be built into the app. For obvious reasons, streamilng services are unwilling to make it easy to record.

Last edited:

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure if it will work in your situation, but you could use the screen recorder and then extract the audio track using a video editor.

Edit: there are a number of apps in the App Store for extracting the audio track from a video.

Most reactions

Latest posts