What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendation for a quality DIY IPAD 3 cracked-screen repair-kit?

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main concern here is finding a seller who sells repair kits with IPAD-comparable-quality screens?

Also, how hard is this to do at home? Is it worth the savings or should I just go swap it out at an Apple store (which I thing runs about $300)?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My main concern here is finding a seller who sells repair kits with IPAD-comparable-quality screens? Also, how hard is this to do at home? Is it worth the savings or should I just go swap it out at an Apple store (which I thing runs about $300)?

We recommend taking your iPad to an Apple Store where hopefully (they mostly always do) they will replace your iPad with a new one. The price of this is normally half of what you have paid for it.

Yes there are cheaper routes of accomplishing this but we have had many go the cheaper route of going to a repair shop or attempting it themselves only to realise that something else has been damaged in the process. (Wifi cable is broken, areas of the screen that will not work, home button damage). There may also be other damage within your iPad that you may not be aware of as yet (I assume that the broken screen was caused by a drop)

If you do elect to go to Apple, make an appointment with the Genius Bar first and do a complete backup of your iPad, receipts are not needed as they can look up all relevant info instore.

Good luck!

OP
K

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We recommend taking your iPad to an Apple Store where hopefully (they mostly always do) they will replace your iPad with a new one. The price of this is normally half of what you have paid for it.

Yes there are cheaper routes of accomplishing this but we have had many go the cheaper route of going to a repair shop or attempting it themselves only to realise that something else has been damaged in the process. (Wifi cable is broken, areas of the screen that will not work, home button damage). There may also be other damage within your iPad that you may not be aware of as yet (I assume that the broken screen was caused by a drop)

If you do elect to go to Apple, make an appointment with the Genius Bar first and do a complete backup of your iPad, receipts are not needed as they can look up all relevant info instore.

Good luck!

Thanks Leelai.

What if I originally bought the Ipad at Best Buy and not at Apple?

Will they still swap it out?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Leelai. What if I originally bought the Ipad at Best Buy and not at Apple? Will they still swap it out?

You're welcome!

It makes no difference......I've bought Apple gear from resellers at times and have had no problem taking them back to an Apple Store.

Good luck!

Most reactions