What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent Trip with my Ipad

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in Columbus, Ohio this past week staying at a Hyatt Regency. The hotel uses Tmobile for 9.99 a day. The coverage and speed was terrible. This is my first experience wishing I had waited for the 3G. The other challenge was the Tmobile was only available in the hotel area. The meeting rooms required a 99.00 a day wifi plan and The Tmobile signal disappeared as soon as I walked through the doors to the meeting area.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need to post that on Expedia so other people can make a choice to stay somewhere else. That's the only way those fees get reduced. Makes me glad I got the 3G.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What Hyatt Did You Stay At In Columbus, Ohio?

I was at the Hyatt Regency downtown for a client meeting last Wednesday and they had free wifi--you had to register but it worked great. I was able to use my iPad to review my bill and check out. They had strong signal in the room and in all the public spaces.

Wifi is so pervasive that I'm almost considering stopping my 3G monthly service. In the 3 months I have been on limited 3G, I have yet to exceed my data download allotment. I wish there was a way to 'bank' what I don't use.

On the other hand--going from Columbus to Fort Wayne, Indiana with 3G is a great way to navigate the back roads of rural Ohio and Indiana. There is so much more things to see OFF the interstate!

OP
brhon

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at the Hyatt Regency downtown for a client meeting last Wednesday and they had free wifi--you had to register but it worked great. I was able to use my iPad to review my bill and check out. They had strong signal in the room and in all the public spaces.

Wifi is so pervasive that I'm almost considering stopping my 3G monthly service. In the 3 months I have been on limited 3G, I have yet to exceed my data download allotment. I wish there was a way to 'bank' what I don't use.

On the other hand--going from Columbus to Fort Wayne, Indiana with 3G is a great way to navigate the back roads of rural Ohio and Indiana. There is so much more things to see OFF the interstate!

I was at the Hyatt at the north end of Downtown on High Street near the Convention Center. When I checked in I was told I could activate in my room and it was 9.99. I am sure they disable to signal in the Convention area so they can force exhibitors to purchase the more expensive 99.00 a day wifi. I do not stay at Hyatt brand properties often during my travel. I stick to HI Express if at all possible. The wifi is ATT, and I have never had a problem with the ATT hot spots.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I was at the Hyatt at the north end of Downtown on High Street near the Convention Center. When I checked in I was told I could activate in my room and it was 9.99. I am sure they disable to signal in the Convention area so they can force exhibitors to purchase the more expensive 99.00 a day wifi. I do not stay at Hyatt brand properties often during my travel. I stick to HI Express if at all possible. The wifi is ATT, and I have never had a problem with the ATT hot spots.

your not the first person to not that with the Hyatt chain ..to me it seams that they are forceing you to chose something that you do not need along with should come free with the room price..

that why i will stay at the HI Epress or place that say free Wifi in there rooms.,in my mind it should be free for the price of what they are chargeing for a hotel room..when i went to New York City to work i was beening charge for a single room rate of $.155.oo a night for three nights with free inroom Wifi along a free cable tv etc..etc..etc..

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a phone that is capable of tethering? Pretty much any smartphone is capable of it.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those charges are obscene though - where in the western world is bandwidth so expensive to justify that type of charge?

Most reactions