What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rearview/Back up Camera to Ipad

hc3cuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have been doing alot of research on trying to figure out a way to video in into the Ipad. I currently have an Ipad installed in my car (see pic below) and I also have a back up camera mounted just above my license plate where the license plate light was originally. My plan was to just wire the camera to a rearview mirror monitor I had but apparantly the monitor I have is broken (no power) So now I am back to trying to figure out a way to video in into the Ipad so I can open up some type of app that will show the input from the camera. Is there any way possible with the current camera I have (link below for camera) to make this happen or is this just impossible due to the Ipads firmware??

2012-01-27125957.jpg

Link to the camera I have....

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Last edited:
OP
H

hc3cuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
200+ views and not 1 response. Guess this is really impossible to do on an ipad1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may not be impossible but remember that visitors who are not members cannot post but they count in the views if they visit your thread. It may just be a matter of waiting for the right member coming along with the response you need.

The Archangel

Bshorty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Backup camera

I have also been looking to do this (with an ipad2). If anyone know a solution for this please post.
P.S. I did find a Bluetooth camera in the U.K. But very expensive solution. $300.

Bshorty

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love your idea and I do hope someone does come along who knows about these things.

The way you have your iPad mounted looks very streamlined...may I ask how you have mounted it there.

Wilco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried an app called eyeTransport??
I don't know if it will pick up this cameras blue tooth that you mentioned in link?
I was thinking along the same lines when I saw this app!
Regards
Wilco

Wilco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try eyeTransport app! It is a gr8 intermediary device to link camera to iPad... No messy wires!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts