What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rear protection

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here you go. Rear cover protection that works with the smartcover.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110316_143924.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110316_143924.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 421

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i"ve been using the smaller clear stick-on feet They are much less noticeable. Mine where left-over from an Ikea project, but a hardware store probably sells the tiny ones.

I agree though, they protect the back from touching any support surfaces. I'm still going to buy a "real" back cover once the reviews start coming in.

MSaxatilus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can find those at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. over in the cabinet/kitchen section. The are little bumpers for the inside of cabnet drawers and doors.

Nice simple idea. Thanks for sharing.

MSax

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like that idea. Keeps the back from getting scratched without retaining heat.

Will have to visit the local HD/Lowes stores and get a pack of the bumpers. So far I've been using a knitted pot holder as a buffer.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iPad2 with me last week when I went to the Apple Store to buy an Apple TV. The sales staff went nuts when they saw the little feet on my iPad and said they were going to push "home office" to include a sheet of 4 with each Smart Case. It will never happen since it would add .003 cents to each case. :)

BTW, Apple TV is awesome with the iPad 2! My edited iMovie videos look great on my 60 inch plasma. It even plays raw 1080p clips (in 720p) from my Canon 5DII and they look fantastic. It does convert the video first before it plays.

Most reactions