What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Camera Revealed for iPad 2 in iOS 4.3 Beta, But Will it Be Only 1 Megapixel?

Mixz1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The high resolultion pictures from Mars are made with a one megapixel camera. "
The Mars Rover Camera Lenses were only 1 Megapixel, yet they produced the highest-resolution digital images ever recorded. As Space.com explains:
“Anyone who has ever agonized over whether to buy a 3-megapixel or 4-megapixel digital camera might be surprised to learn that Spirit’s stunningly detailed images of Mars are made with a 1-megapixel model, a palm-sized 9-ounce marvel that would be coveted in any geek’s shirt pocket."
-http://thediscerningphotographer.com/2010/01/26/megapixel-mania/

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The high resolultion pictures from Mars are made with a one megapixel camera. "
The Mars Rover Camera Lenses were only 1 Megapixel, yet they produced the highest-resolution digital images ever recorded. As Space.com explains:
“Anyone who has ever agonized over whether to buy a 3-megapixel or 4-megapixel digital camera might be surprised to learn that Spirit’s stunningly detailed images of Mars are made with a 1-megapixel model, a palm-sized 9-ounce marvel that would be coveted in any geek’s shirt pocket."
-http://thediscerningphotographer.com/2010/01/26/megapixel-mania/

As soon as the iPad has to send every image 36 million to 250 million miles, a 1MP camera can be justified.

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The rear camera on the 4th Gen iPod Touch is less than a megapixel as well. So it will probably be intended for HD video recording and not necessarily for photo taking.

TheeIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera

I don't really care about a camera on the iPad, it's nice to have but I'm looking forward to more internal upgrades. One mega pixel is fine for clarity with 5x8 photos/web/emails, my phone has 8 mega pixel camera, and I have a cannon 12 mega pixel if I need to take a photo which will be viewed larger than 12X12. Most people don't need a camera larger than 1-3 mega pixel for common photos.

jordexj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it doesn't matter... you already have it on your iphone or smartphone... it is just redundant people... unless you can sell your Ipad for 80% of the price you paid, keep it and wait for the Ipad 3...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it doesn't matter... you already have it on your iphone or smartphone... it is just redundant people... unless you can sell your Ipad for 80% of the price you paid, keep it and wait for the Ipad 3...
I never sell my electronics, they somehow wind up in my children's hands...

Glaee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Expect the release date of iPad 2, heard about a large number of rumours about iPad 2, but those rumours can be predicted by a crowd. :D Really waiting APPLE's conference about iPad 2.

Apple keep their secret discreetly,it is being a hot and hot topic for what will be the iPad 2, also iPad 2 free giveaway activities are now under way.

Got some activities in FB, seems interesting activity to guess what will be the iPad 2, free giveaway for iPad, there are so many sites and require to share something or register an acount.

Anyway Apple will us the day when iPad 2 is released ..

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally think the reason for the rear camera is mainly for snapping photos of documents.

Another reason is maybe like the samsung galaxy. I remember seeing a commercial they were somewhere like times square and holding the tablet up with pins for important places. So as you moved around, you could pick up important information (though not sure why you just look yourself. Why look through a tablet when you can see with your own eyes??)

Most reactions

Latest posts