What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real Time Strategy Games

Sprank1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been trying to search the App Store for games, but I find the organization of the store to be sorely lacking.

So ... I am looking for recommendations on Real Time Strategy games for the iPad.

Warcraft and Starcraft are two of my all time favorite games, and I would love to play something similar on my iPad.

If anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them.

Thank you :)

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I know Command and conquer is there and a star craft knock off that I can't think of. A good place to look is toucharcade.com, many threads there on good RTS. Remember, your iPad can play iPhone/iPod touch games....

Also if you go to the app store on your computer through iTunes, you can select the games category, and then select a sub-category of the genres. I have not used my computer in so long I forgot about it......lol....

Last edited:

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just beat it.....good game though the missions did not have much variety. Required a lot of grinding to get the upgrades needed to advance. Ended up getting them all and maxing just about everything.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.....still free.

BTW Tower Madness HD was released today. Kind of expensive but among the best tower defense games out there. Aliens after your sheep! BTW, buy the flame thrower for .99.....it's overpowered, hehe.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Biodefense sucks. It quickly becomes IMPOSSIBLE to survive no matter what you do. I mined all the Toxium on the entire map and still didn't have enough money to survive longer than about 30 minutes.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone played Galcon Fusion on the iPad? I don't have my iPad yet so I can't offer a review.

It's almost like a game I played on my buddy's Apple IIe almost 25 years ago called "Galactic Empires". Although that game was turn-based and not real-time. We would build up huge fleets over the course of a whole day or weekend then have epic battles that would run all night.

I have played the iPhone version (just called Galcon) a bit. I like it because the game has the same concept and good graphics, but it goes too damn fast for my taste.

jpandes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just paid for Starfront: Collision. I don't normally buy a lot of app, but after playing the free version and seeing that they released an Ipad HD version, I decided to splurge ($6.99)

I can't wait until the Ipad 2 Jailbreak is released...

Charm20088

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try astro empires it's strategy and can be played on the I pad I must admit to play this game you have to be patient and plan ahead

Most reactions

Latest posts