What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real Racing 3 Will Launch for Free on Feb 28

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

iDownload Blog reports some great news for iOS gamers, with Electronic Arts announcing today that Real Racing 3 will be free to buy when it is launched on February 28. As iDownload Blog notes, this is a major shift in approach for the gaming giant, with the developer, Firemonkeys, saying that they were always aware that it would be a freemium game, unlike the first two installments in the series. On Firemonkey’s official forum, the developer said, “we are so excited about this game and wanted it to be accessible to everyone so we didn’t want there to be any barriers to entry.†And unlike some freemium games, Firemonkey says that there will be lots of free content available right from the very start of the game, so you won’t have to be spending a fortune on in-app purchases. “At launch we have 46 licensed vehicles covering 3 classes, a 22-car grid, real-world tracks, 8 varied event types and 900+ events. This means hundreds of hours of gameplay for free making this one of the most expansive games ever on mobile. We plan to continue to add more free and exciting content with every update.â€

[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Real Racing 3 will be free, coming February 28
Real Racing 3 releases worldwide Feb 28 for free on iOS, Android, and Amazon Appstore

Last edited by a moderator:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dunno about this. I'm not a big fan of in app purchases. Just charge me a fair price for your game and let's be done with it. The problem is that people are too cheap and refuse to bough up the eight bucks or so that the app costs so instead they'll spend twelve bucks to build their car but they'll do it a dollar at a time so they think their getting a better deal but they really aren't. Nothing worthwhile is ever free.

I'm not happy at all a out this. I love real racing HD but I'm not playing the nickel and dime game that this system will facilitate.

:(

Most reactions

Latest posts