What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading WMVfiles on iPad

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you'll have to convert them on the desktop first, or stream them from the desktop using something like AirVideo.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't read them in email attachments unfortunately.

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oplayer will probably play them without any conversions, but probably not directly from an attachment...

OP
R
Reaction score
That sucks ! This means that without a PC there is not a lot you can do with the iPAD in a standalone mode....

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
That sucks ! This means that without a PC there is not a lot you can do with the iPAD in a standalone mode....

ROFL your mad that Apple doesnt support a Microsoft format? They have to pay for the rights to play each file type and sorry but don't count on apple ever paying Microsoft to use their file formats.

OP
R
Reaction score
I am not mad that the iPAD does not support MS formats, ofcourse I understand the issue and also accept that I would need to install and run some conversion software, my point is that I cannot do so on the iPAD itself and have to do the conversion etc on a PC and then send teh conevrted file to the iPAD or store somewhere such as iDISK.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oplayer sounds like it might work. It may not open the file straight from email - you may have to save it first or something, then open it. Not sure, I havent tried it.

Most reactions