What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-Install IOS 5??

Rescon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Grabbed the ios5 update the day it came out and have not been happy ever since. So many stability issues, slowness, loss of battery, etc we all know the issues. I heard that some people downloaded a earlier version that was corrupt or or problematic in some way. Is this true? And if so, how can I reinstall a newer version that might not have these issues? I have tried all the reset, re-boot suggestions with no luck. I’m getting a bad taste in my mouth and would love to go up to the 3 when it comes out but not for nothing, I should not have to spend another $600 plus for a properly functioning iPad that is not even 2 years old. Am I missing another option?

Thanks,

Nick

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Just perform a reset via itunes. Plug the ipad into your computer and then select the restore button you see on itunes.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rescon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Just perform a reset via itunes. Plug the ipad into your computer and then select the restore button you see on itunes.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Does the restore reinstall ios5 on the iPad automatically? How do I get my apps and Pic's back? I assume I backup but won't restore just wipe out everything.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
first perform a backup by syncing.

The restore will wipe the iPad clear of everything an reinstall iOS 5. Once that is done it will prompt you and ask if you would like to set it up as a brand new iPAD or restore all apps and settings from your backup.

OP
R

Rescon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool, that's what I am going to do. Maybe I just got a bad iOS update. One can only hope

Thanks for the help!

Most reactions