What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get Wifi Sync to work on IOS 5 Beta 5

nhlman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running beta 5 of IOS 5 and the proper itunes version. I have the option to enable wifi syncing checked on the ipad and itunes. It will not automatically sync when connected to a power source and when I manually click "sync now" on the ipad, it doesn't sync, it says it's looking for my computer and comes back with a message of the last time I synced via USB. Also, my device does not stay listed in itunes after I unplug from itunes which I read that it should. So for some reason I can sync over wifi. Can anybody help?, I've looked through google for three days and found nothing about this issue, Thanks in advance!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure iTunes is open and running in your computer.
I don't know which beta added wifi syncing so maybe you need to upgrade to the latest beta. And do you have the latest iTunes beta?

OP
N

nhlman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WIFI syncing was available in IOS 5 beta 2 and I have beta 5. I have the most current itunes (10.5) also. This should be working, I'm scratching my head on this one.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could well be the set-up of your wifi router. Is it fairly standard and set up to offer an open network between devices attached to it?

OP
N

nhlman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My router works with every device I connect to it with no problems. I just can't explain why my mac and ipad see each other but the sync won't work... very puzzzling :confused:

Most reactions