What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

random popup "no storage space"

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad version 10.3.3

my wife gets random popups telling her to go to settings because she has no storage. she has almost nothing on her ipad. in fact general settings says 8.xxgb available of 12gb. she has deleted almost every app on her ipad. i think she has one bingo game, google chrome, that's it.

whats up. does she have to reset....thx
i just now updated to 11 but she won't know if that will work since these messages are random ...we'll see.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it the storage space on the iPad itself, or does she get these popups because of her iCloud storage? In iOS 11, in Settings, go to her name - iCloud. There’s Storage at the top, and you’ll see how much of it is used. From there, it’s also possible to manage iCloud storage, if you notice there’s not much left.

OP
A

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it the storage space on the iPad itself, or does she get these popups because of her iCloud storage? In iOS 11, in Settings, go to her name - iCloud. There’s Storage at the top, and you’ll see how much of it is used. From there, it’s also possible to manage iCloud storage, if you notice there’s not much left.

she doesn't use icloud.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
she doesn't use icloud.

Hello - as suggested by Johanna, did you go into the Settings of the iPad and look at the iCloud options which may be activated - see the pic below (now, I'm on iOS 11.x, so may be somewhat different) - I have 5 GB of 'free' iCloud storage w/ only 1.2 GB used, related to 'iCloud Backup' - tell us whether storage is present on iCloud and what is activated - will help. Dave :)

IMG_2422.PNG

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
she doesn't use icloud.
When she gets that popup again, connect the iPad to iTunes (computer), and take a look at it’s storage from there.
How much of the storage space on the iPad is used by the system? (See Settings - General - iPad Storage).

Most reactions

Latest posts