What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random "Open in" List

pmcd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way of managing what goes in to the Open in" list? I keep having problems with apps not appearing there, especially when it comes to PDF files. It seems the list keeps changing. Now, I do buy new apps which handle PDF files but I would not have expected that my main apps for PDF editing would drop off. Can I somehow force an app to be in the list?

This has been going on since my first iPad and I have never seen a solution. As it is I have to use all kinds of crazy schemes to get my files opened in the app I want.

Philip

OP
P

pmcd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
you have no control over this. This is controlled by the makers of the apps.

The apps do support the "Open in". It is not the maker of the apps. It has something to do with the number of apps allowed into that dialog box and that is a system thing. The point is to have some control as to which apps make it into the lust. I can force apps into the lit by deleting all apps that support PDF files.

I guess I was hoping there would be some utility which could manage the list.

Philip

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
thats a different story if you have to many than can fit in the list. only way is to delete apps, you don't have control over what apps will be put in that list as its done automatically and don't on the app developers end by enabling the app to support the option.

Most reactions