What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random noise

chop911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad mini is making random train noises throughout the day. Anyone know why?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
chop911 said:

Hello chop911, welcome to the forum. Please take the time to go to our newcomers forum and introduce yourself. While there, read the sticky regarding rules, tips & tricks in using the forum.

You have posted this question in two different forums. I've closed the post in iPad OS, in favor of this one. It makes it easier for our members to keep track of this problem and contribute to the discussion when you have one thread. I hope you understand.

Matt

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

G'day chop911 and welcome also to the forum. When I looked into my IPad under both Settings>Sounds and Settings>Notifications, I saw that in both cases there is the sound option "choo choo".

It is possible that your iPad is notifying you re an app that you are using or have used. (Eg a push notification for an app like FaceBook or even a game not used for a while, or even something like Mail), and you have that train notification sound turned on.

Go into Settings>Sounds>Reminder Alerts and see what kind of sound has been set. Then go to Settings>Notifications and try to work out what app has been requested to notify you. It is doubtful IMO that there is a anything physically wrong with your iPad.
(Unless your iPad is telling you it needs a nice train-travel vacation)
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My Mother likes the Choo Choo tone and uses it for Messages. She uses the Dog bark for phone calls. I was surprised by those choices. She's always chosen fairly conservative ringtones on her previous phones.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Mother likes the Choo Choo tone and uses it for Messages. She uses the Dog bark for phone calls. I was surprised by those choices. She's always chosen fairly conservative ringtones on her previous phones.

I love hearing about elderly people (well, I never thought you were that young) getting to be all techie. The dog bark for phone calls is hilarious. Good for her!
Regards, Andrew

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Heh. I use the dog bark tone to remind me to clean out the cat's litter box (it's in a back area of the house I rarely visit...out of sight, out of mind). It's a small amusement, I know - but i'll take it :D. 'Sides, a cat sound alarm would drive my cat nuts. She doesn't mind the dog barking.

And yes, I agree with The OB - you more than likely have the choo-choo sound set for some notification.

Marilyn

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Heh. I use the dog bark tone to remind me to clean out the cat's litter box (it's in a back area of the house I rarely visit...out of sight, out of mind). It's a small amusement, I know - but i'll take it :D. 'Sides, a cat sound alarm would drive my cat nuts. She doesn't mind the dog barking.

And yes, I agree with The OB - you more than likely have the choo-choo sound set for some notification.

Marilyn

Oh gawd enough guys! Can't stop laughing. About to go to bed. Still chuckling.
Regards, Andrew

OP
chop911

chop911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha! It was my email. I didn't even bother to look under sound. My phone email makes a different noise for email and I'd never heard the choo choo noise before. Thanks!

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'll have something to worry about if it says "all aboard"

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll have something to worry about if it says "all aboard"

LOL

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354006816.506563.jpg

Regards, Andrew