What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Closing noise on mini

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
since the latest update when I close my mini the noise it makes sounds like a safe locking cant seem to change it it is quite loud and quite strange

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you reset your iPad after updating? (Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own.)

Restarting (turning it off and on again) might help as well.

Last edited:
OP
electra2008

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could it be the setting "Settings/Sounds/Lock Sounds" is enabled? I use that to get the camera-like click when my case lid is closed. I t shouldn't be really loud though.
Thank you both forgot about the reset after update, so much so I could not remember which sequence of buttons to press That did not work so went into settings and sounds and there the little update gremlin had switched it too green. Thank you both.
It sounds more like the electric safe, in a hotel, sound.

Most reactions

Latest posts