What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio alarm

longrob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

My wife just upgraded and "donated" her ipad2 to me ! ! This is the first Apple device I ever owned :)

I would like to know if it is possible to set it up as a radio alarm ? Ideally I would like to set it to "wake up" at 6AM with BBC Radio 4.

Thanks in advance
LR

japs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure you can, there is plenty of radio alarms at app store.

Regards

OP
L

longrob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I found an app in itunes, but sadly I think this Ipad is not compatible as it says it needs IOS 5.1

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What version of IOS are you running? You can find out in Settings > About.

The version requirements stated in the app store are usually minimum requirements. They are not specific. In other words, that app is unlikely to be only for version 5.1. It is for all versions 5.1 and above, which hopefully applies to you.

If you are running something before 5.1 then you should probably update the device unless you have a good reason not to want to (such as maintaining a jailbreak or an aversion to IOS 6).

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Get TuneIn Radio Pro... https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tunein-radio-pro-listen-to/id319295332?mt=8

It allows automatic tuning to any internet radio station in the world. Set the time you want the station to come on, turn up the volume and make sure TuneIn Pro is running.. It will start playing at your chosen time. It can also automatically record radio programs. Note that you need TuneIn Pro and not the basic TuneIn app which does not have the automatic tuning/recording feature.

Most reactions

Latest posts