What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

quizs-club.com popup

rovingus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this “http://quizs-club.com” just popped up on my screen and it offers an Amazon reward and other stuff and I must clickOK to proceed. it won’t go away and I won’t click the OK. I cleared memory and websites but it came back. I didn’t do a restart, but probably should have. Suggestions on getting rid of it and preventing return? Thnx

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Couple questions. What browser are you using when the pop up appears? Does it happen while browsing this forum?

I’ve had these types of pop ups occur when using browsers like Chrome and Opera but not with Safari. I do use two content blockers with Safari “Freedom” and “NeverAds” which do work quite well.

OP
R

rovingus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am using Safari. After clearing history, etc and re-starting the thing is no longer appearing. Irritating to have to mess with such but that just comes with the territory.

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don’t forget about the content blockers. I use the two aforementioned ones and can’t recall the last time I got any kind of pop-up in Safari.

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’ve been experiencing the same sort of pop up but only on a certain type of forum software. This is with Safari on my 2017 iPad. It does not occur if I access those same sites with a Mac or via a certain app called Topic’it. I do have the block pop ups selected in my Safari preferences. Here’s the first pop up:

Attachments

• 426DD5F5-0656-47A1-9962-E8EB83BC1B8C.jpeg
    426DD5F5-0656-47A1-9962-E8EB83BC1B8C.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 283

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Again, try installing one of the many free content blockers as mentioned in my previous post. That’s what I do in addition to blocking pop ups with Safari and I don’t see those things.

Most reactions

Latest posts