What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quickoffice Pro replacement for iOS 7

fafrost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings, I currently use Quickoffice Pro on my iPad to integrate with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and dropbox. Among other things, this application allows the creation of new folders in dropbox, as well as movement of files to those folders. I cannot find an alternative, since this application is discontinued for iOS 7. I have documents to go for viewing and editing spreadsheets, but I need something that will integrate with dropbox and allow the creation of new folders, as well as moving files. Several Google searches, have led me to find no application these requirements. We have a lot of good minds on this forum, I hope someone knows of an alternative. Thanks in advance. Fred

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings, I currently use Quickoffice Pro on my iPad to integrate with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and dropbox. Among other things, this application allows the creation of new folders in dropbox, as well as movement of files to those folders. I cannot find an alternative, since this application is discontinued for iOS 7. I have documents to go for viewing and editing spreadsheets, but I need something that will integrate with dropbox and allow the creation of new folders, as well as moving files. Several Google searches, have led me to find no application these requirements. We have a lot of good minds on this forum, I hope someone knows of an alternative. Thanks in advance. Fred

Quickoffice Pro (and the HD version) were discontinued, yes, but after Google bought it, they released an app called Quickoffice. It's available for free at the AppStore. It purports to be the same product, although my understanding is that the only cloud storage it can and does connect to is Google Drive. There is no more Dropbox, Evernote, etc. connections available. But, if you can accept only accessing Google Drive, then Quickoffice is still available.

From my research, a lot of people are upset that all cloud access/syncing was lost (except for Google Drive) when using Quickoffice. I saw a lot of people saying that CloudOn (link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloudon/id474025452?mt=8) was now their go-to for editing Microsoft products on the iPad. This app DOES sync with Dropbox and other popular cloud storage/services.

So, maybe it'll work for you if you want Dropbox access?

Marilyn

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fred,

There are workarounds for the cloud changes in the new Quickoffice.

For example if you want to save a current document to Dropbox, tap on the blue bright arrow, and the right pane should show an "open in" button. This will open Dropbox and ask you what folder to save the document in.

Conversely, if you want to open a document from Dropbox in Quickoffice, open the document and Dropbox app and then click the "open in" button and select Quickoffice. This will open the document in Quickoffice inside the inbox folder.

This is not as clean as the previous Quickoffice Pro HD app. But it will allow you to save your documents to something, in the cloud, other than Google Drive. I can't vouch for the rest of the features, as to whether Google removed them. I certainly preferred the previous app.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Ladana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have nearly the same problem with quickoffice Pro HD on my IPad. I have several documents stored in this program but I finde no way to open them in the new version of quickoffic or in dropbox or somewhere else. The only thing I could do is to send the files one by one
per E-Mail to myselfe and then open them in another program. First, this ist very uncomfortable and second I loos every kind of formation in the documents while doing this.
So is there someone who could show me a trick to get rid of this problem? I would be very, very grateful!!

Most reactions

Latest posts