What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quickoffice pro hd or documents to go premium or others

hidef2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Docs to Go Pro on an ipad2. You can create new MS documents (word, excel, and powerpoint). I use it mostly for editing word documents. I like it because it keeps the original formatting. I also like the speed of transferring documents to the pc wirelessly (much faster than emailing or dropboxing). I don't like that you can't insert pictures into documents.

I first tried Office2hd but it corrupted my ms word documents - maybe I was just unlucky because I haven't read of this happening to anyone else.

Cheers,

Geoff

Hi Geoff, I wanted to know how you are sending your documents to your pc wirelessly? I have wifi at home where my pc laptop resides. Can you briefly describe how I can get my word or excel files to my pc. I have DTG on my pc now.

Thanks in advance

Paul

?

Last edited:

tyreless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

I put the files I need in the "My DocsToGo" folder on the PC. I start DocsToGo on the PC and the ipad and then tap/click the sync button.

Cheers,

Geoff

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If your documents will spend their entire lives on iPad and you don't really need seamless integration with desktop Microsoft Office documents, then iWork is most powerful. However its cloud support is minimal.

If you want to edit same Office documents in both desktop and iPad then there is no app which can do it (all loses formatting to some extent). You may be better of with a Windows laptop then.

Office 2 HD is cheapest of them and offers good range of features.

Most reactions

Latest posts