What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with saving files using QuickOffice Pro HD

sparkd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can some please explain to me how I can save documents using QuickOffice Pro HD to a network HDD that is connected to my Airport Extreme wireless router.

I also want to be able to access/open documents using QuickOffice Pro HD from the network HDD.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
QuickOffice itself cannot access network drives, but does have solid cloud storage options like Dropbox and Evernote. The solution would be an intermediary app to facilitate the storage aspect, something like GoodReader.

The idea would be to have said files on the network drive, have GoodReader set-up to connect to the network drive. Go to the location and pull the required file into GoodReader's My Documents. Once there, select the file and use Open In... to have the file open in Quickoffice.

The hiccup would be getting the file from Quickoffice to the network drive. In fact, getting it back to GoodReader is difficult. At this stage, using Dropbox to get it to GoodReader is the only way I can think of to do it.

In Quickoffice I drag the file to my Dropbox. I then open GoodReader and open my Dropbox folder. Select the file and download to GoodReader's My Documents. Once there, I select the file and click Upload and select the network share, navigate to the folder and click upload.

It is a little messy, but works. You are leaving copies of the file in the Dropbox and GoodReader (plus Quckoffice) along the way.

Hopefully QuickOffice will add access to network storage to a future update which will simplify the process emmensely.

Most reactions

Latest posts