What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about reminders and notifications.

JoshuaD80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a quick search from the IPF app, and didn't get any results that answer my questions.

I've had my iPad 2 for about a week and a half now and haven't been able to figure out how to get apps like Facebook to give me any notifications outside the app. I've gone to settings and all of them are on for the app. Am I missing something here?

Also, I'm told that the reminders app that is built into the os has the ability to set alarms based on where you are. I haven't seen the options for that. Is that only an iPhone thing? I would like to be able to set reminders for that go off when I get home, to school, etc.

Thanks in advance!

*edit* I got it the notifications thing figured out.
*edit 2* Aaaaaaand the location based reminders are not in fact available on the iPad. Lamesauce.

Last edited:

buzzkill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issues... what does this app do, and how do I make it do what it does?

OP
J

JoshuaD80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buzzkill said:
Same issues... what does this app do, and how do I make it do what it does?

To turn on you notifications, you need to allow it from the 'settings > notifications' menu AND from 'settings > Facebook (or whatever app your using)' menu.

The reminders app on the iPad appears to be nothing more than a basic alarm app. Which I think is too bad, since it does have a GPS chip built in.

Does that answer your question?

buzzkill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JoshuaD80 said:
To turn on you notifications, you need to allow it from the 'settings > notifications' menu AND from 'settings > Facebook (or whatever app your using)' menu.

The reminders app on the iPad appears to be nothing more than a basic alarm app. Which I think is too bad, since it does have a GPS chip built in.

Does that answer your question?

To a degree... thx

buzzkill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JoshuaD80 said:
I did a quick search from the IPF app, and didn't get any results that answer my questions.

I've had my iPad 2 for about a week and a half now and haven't been able to figure out how to get apps like Facebook to give me any notifications outside the app. I've gone to settings and all of them are on for the app. Am I missing something here?

Also, I'm told that the reminders app that is built into the os has the ability to set alarms based on where you are. I haven't seen the options for that. Is that only an iPhone thing? I would like to be able to set reminders for that go off when I get home, to school, etc.

Thanks in advance!

*edit* I got it the notifications thing figured out.
*edit 2* Aaaaaaand the location based reminders are not in fact available on the iPad. Lamesauce.

Have you looked to the "Notifications" in settings? It was not something I expected to see, and caused some confusion with my Line2 and Lifelike Alarm Clock for a few days after I set up iOS5.

The ability to customize notifications through this is considerable, and has allowed me multiple levels of prioritizing.

If you have not already, give it a looksee...

Most reactions

Latest posts