What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question

Moondog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know if apple will replace the battery when it's reached it's recharge limit? When I bought my iPad they said the battery would only recharge @ 1000 times...

OP
M

Moondog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I bought the extended warranty on mine but I was just curious if it was gonna be possible...

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yeah I bought the extended warranty on mine but I was just curious if it was gonna be possible...

Well you should be covered for however long your extended warranty is for.

And no they wont replace the battery if it dies, they will replace the entire ipad on the spot. No need to wait for it to be replaced or shipped off.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bought my iPad they said the battery would only recharge @ 1000 times...
Only??? If you charged your iPad every day, that would mean your battery would last almost 3 years! And it doesn't just all of a sudden die after 1000 charge cycles, but slowly over time, the battery will not be able to hold a charge as long. The other reason I am not going to sweat it is because I know me! I sincerely doubt I will be using the iPad I have now in 3 years.

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you could always charge less frequently and use AC more often, but the way lithium batteries are designed they are destined to die after certain amount of time regardless how you cycle them..

but in 3 years you will proll get something way better whether its Apple that makes it or some other company..

and don't forget there's always this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjtvMCndcw"]YouTube - Apple iPad Battery Replacement & Repair Directions by DirectFix.com[/ame]

and i haven't researched it lately, but Im sure there is gonna be ppl selling those ipad batteries on Ebay, and I did come across a site that will install battery for you for around $100...

Get the original ipad battery here for around 40 bucks..

Original li-ion polymer Battery Replacement for Apple iPad

So if you think you can do it yourself with the tutorial video, you save a whole...
800px-Usdollar100front-3.jpg

If you don't wanna risk damaging your ipad cause of your lack of knowledge and experience when dealing with internal electronics, and I am one of those ppl, I have destroyed a lot of electronics this way, then be prepared to be set back about 140 dollarssssssssssss..GL

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't wanna risk damaging your ipad cause of your lack of knowledge and experience when dealing with internal electronics, and I am one of those ppl, I have destroyed a lot of electronics this way, then be prepared to be set back about 140 dollarssssssssssss..GL
I feel your pain my brother!

Here is why I own 2 iPod Touches....

So the battery on my 1st generation iPod Touch was getting a little tired, so I asked myself, "Self, how hard can it be to replace the battery?"

Well I got the new battery in OK, but I mangled up the case so bad this is how I had to put it back together --

oldipod.jpg

Oh it still works, but I had to buy a new iPod Touch because I was too embarrassed to take this one out in public any more!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sincerely doubt I will be using the iPad I have now in 3 years

Indeed. I will be buying the next version as soon as it comes out.

As for the iPod I'd have gone for black straps.......would look meaner.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to replace my battery in my iPod Touch last May and i already notice a decline in time it holds a charge under normal 'as usual' operation. It started out three days between charge cycle and now its two days. My original battery followed the same pattern, required a charge about every two days then one then hours.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sincerely doubt I will be using the iPad I have now in 3 years

Indeed. I will be buying the next version as soon as it comes out.

As for the iPod I'd have gone for black straps.......would look meaner.
Those "zip ties" come all sorts of designer colors now! When I get a new set of straps, I will be sure to post a pic here!

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And no they wont replace the battery if it dies, they will replace the entire ipad on the spot. No need to wait for it to be replaced or shipped off.

On the spot, Mike? Every other place Ive read about it said you had no choice but to send it off for a refurb. I'll be thrilled if it's on the spot. I worry about getting someone's refurb who's scratched the screen and back all up.

Most reactions

Latest posts