What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for 16g owners

bryanpog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is the 16g treating u guys as far as storage goes with the upgraded apps? I'm a little worried about memory. I have a 16g wifi arriving tommorrow. I plan on using this for web browsing, email, and news apps. That's it really. No photos and definately no movies. Will I be ok?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The question is not what current you wants but what will future you want. How long will you expect this purchase to serve your needs? 3 years, 5 years, more? If less get the 16g, if you are thinking 5... you might want to consider the 32.

The money you spend today could be money that keeps you from buying a new one sooner because it no longer serves your needs. Apps will always grow in size and you may find that you like doing more than browsing, emailing, and reading the news.

You should also know that I am always opposed to buying the cheapest option. It is not my nature. Even when I had no clue what I would be using it for I never even once considered the 16gb model. Probably a good thing since I just passed the 19gb mark. Granted 5gb is photos but still...

shetlerryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is in my nature to buy the cheapest thing. I have 140 apps on my iPad and it takes up 6G. Anything except apps can be kept in the cloud so 16G should be plenty. Instead of purchasing a lot for one iPad, I would rather upgrade in a few years anyway.

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it will be plenty! Movies are big killer in G not only MB you even have room to do more stuff like music games

OP
bryanpog

bryanpog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Can't wait for tommorrow!

MelvynLoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will not regret it ! I just got mine on the launch day itself, and what can i say about its performance ? Awesome !

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is in my nature to buy the cheapest thing. I have 140 apps on my iPad and it takes up 6G. Anything except apps can be kept in the cloud so 16G should be plenty. Instead of purchasing a lot for one iPad, I would rather upgrade in a few years anyway.

Which is why I phrased my reply the way I did. For you it is not really cheaper because you are spending money more often. If the intent is to get a purchase that lasts longer and can be upgraded on your schedule not because you ran out of space it is cheaper to spend more. For a hundred dollars more you are almost guaranteeing the purchase will last twice as long as the 16gb model.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a 16 gig 4G but just judging from past experiences with the first generation iPad I returned it and got a 32 G. I noticed on my first iPad it would freeze up a lot and that was due to low memory. I don't consider myself a heavy user although I do use it daily for Internet and email, and occasionally watch videos, TV shows sometimes movies,

Last edited:

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the new screen apps are getting way bigger, I would at least go with the 32 gb, I went with the the 64, but I edit videos and have a ton of music and apps......Modern Combat 3 takes 1.8 Gb lol

dynasty82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16gb iPad and it is plenty for me. I dont put music on my iPad and if I have any movies it might be 1 or 2 at a time when I'm traveling. Most of my video is streaming now anyways, and once I watch a movie I take it off the iPad. I don't understand why some people feel the need to carry around there entire movie collection like they watch the same movie over and over again. I have over 100 apps and some pictures but have more than half of the space on my iPad still available.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dynasty82 said:
I have a 16gb iPad and it is plenty for me. I dont put music on my iPad and if I have any movies it might be 1 or 2 at a time when I'm traveling. Most of my video is streaming now anyways, and once I watch a movie I take it off the iPad. I don't understand why some people feel the need to carry around there entire movie collection like they watch the same movie over and over again. I have over 100 apps and some pictures but have more than half of the space on my iPad still available.

Some people like having everything, nothing wrong with that.......myself being active duty Navy when I go out to sea for months at a time l like having a choice, so I try to have as much as possible.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There really isn't much to understand. The very reason bigger models exist is to cater to different needs. I have no video, 90 apps, music, and pictures and I use up 19 gig.

Most reactions