What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from China

ChangshaNotes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It arrived.

It was shipped a little over a week ago and the wait has been almost unbearable.

It's here.

16G 3G iPad. Shipped from Wisconsin USA to Changsha, Hunan, China.

It's beautiful.

A colleague is from Wisconsin. We had his family ship two of these babies over. With the cost of shipping and transferring funds it was still much less expensive than what it costs here in China (grey market).

Perfect.

For some reason you have to sync it to iTunes first but that's no problem. A syncing we will go.

Ok. Now I read a lot about wifi trouble for many people so I was a little worried and ..... No problem! Wifi works great. Wow it's fast.

Time to go and get a 3G Sim card.

I've read and seen video of people cutting a MiniSim card into a MicroSim without a problem but no first hand experience.

Snip, snip, snip and there we are. 3G connected.

Time to play with this thing.

I'm a Canadian living China. I've owned Apple products before but currently only have an iPhone 3GS and of course my shiny new iPad 16G 3G. I'm happy to find this forum

Most reactions

Latest posts