What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question About Syncing sync

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To All,

I have an iPad Air 2 and I just bought an iPhone 6S. Can anyone tell me how to sync between the two devices? Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To All,

I have an iPad Air 2 and I just bought an iPhone 6S. Can anyone tell me how to sync between the two devices? Thanks.
You can't. You can sync each device to iTunes ( via USB or WiFi ) or iCloud, but you can't sync the devices with each other.
Is there anything in particular that you want to transfer between devices?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, they must both be using the same iCloud account under Settings > iCloud. That will take care of everything listed under those settings.

Other services like Music, iBooks, Podcasts, Photos, etc. Have their individual sync settings.

Services like iCloud Photo Library and iTunes Match may require you to purchase more than the free 5GB of iCloud service before they will work.

Additionally your Phone, Messages, and FaceTime settings have indivudual settings that can be different from your main iCloud settings. When you initially set up an iOS device with an iCloud account they should have been automatically added, but if you have to change the account for any reason then these apps will have to be manually signed out of and back into.

Pay special attention to the Phone and Messages setting son the iPhone. This where you'll enable phone call and SMS message abilites on the iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't. You can sync each device to iTunes ( via USB or WiFi ) or iCloud, but you can't sync the devices with each other.
Is there anything in particular that you want to transfer between devices?

Techically correct, but using iCloud is transparent enough that most people will think of it as syncing the two devices. As long as they don't expect them to look the same app for app layout and all.

Most reactions

Latest posts