What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Find My IPad/Ipod

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just used "Find My Ipod" today when I had mis-placed my iPod Touch under a pile of laundry. So great! Just click the "sound alarm" and I heard it beeping somewhere in our house.
Question: So, If I had physically turned the volume down to zero that last time I used this device, would "Find My IPod" over-ride the sound adjustments? Obviously, if there were ear buds plugged into the iPod the sound would not have been as audible?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe Find My iPod plays the alarm sound at maximum volume regardless of volume settings. As for the earbud question, good question. Never tried that.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It'll play even if ear buds are plugged in. Wish I didn't know that from experience.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
joeyteel said:
It'll play even if ear buds are plugged in. Wish I didn't know that from experience.

Useful info. Thanks. I've lost count the number of times I've had to find THAT iPod. I'm surprised considering my son seems to have it permanently welded to his hand.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
joeyteel said:

Did it happen to you as it did to me: plugging the headphones in to try it while at office, being surprised it sounded anyway??? ;-)

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
Did it happen to you as it did to me: plugging the headphones in to try it while at office, being surprised it sounded anyway??? ;-)

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Worse. My iPhone falling behind my desk and using find my iPhone to force the display to light up (crappy cell service in my home so I couldn't call it). It fell in this really small nook where I couldn't see or feel it, my ear was dangerously close when it connected to wifi to check for notifications and emails and started pinging.

Most reactions

Latest posts