What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about accessing photos on my PC

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I created a backup of all my files in itunes. Is there a way for me to now access the photos that I backed up through my PC?

If not, is there any way to get them back without restoring any other files/data?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think so, however I could be totally wrong.

You could try looking in these places(depending on your computer system) to see if there are any image files accessible)

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Note: To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and click OK.
Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Note: To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata% and press the Return key.

As you can see I simply copied the info from the relevant Apple Support page. I've never tried this. I would think if your backup is encrypted you stand no chance.

Here's the Apple support page. There may be more useful information there.

iTunes: About iOS backups

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The PC program iBackupBot should allow you to interrogate your iTunes backups and extract the photos if I'm not mistaken. Its been a long time since I used it, since I backup to iCloud exclusively now, but it used to work for me! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts