What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

putting books in ibook

midwife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
debichurchmidwife.com
I have an ipad, installed Ibooks, and now cannot get the books to go on the "shelf" so to speak. The books have thier own icon on the screen. How do I put them in the Ibook app? TIA

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are books you can download from the App Store (these are presumably the ones that have their own icon on the screen) and then there are the books you actually purchase through iBooks and these will show up on your iBooks bookshelf.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad, installed Ibooks, and now cannot get the books to go on the "shelf" so to speak. The books have thier own icon on the screen. How do I put them in the Ibook app? TIA

If you mean that you see the icons on the computer screen in iTunes then as soon as you have performed a sync with the iPad, when you open iBooks on the iPad, they will be there.

OP
M

midwife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
debichurchmidwife.com
I downloaded to my mac via itunes, the free application of Alicelite. It will not go into the ibook application. It says: "The file 'AliceLite 2. 0.4.ipa' cannot be imported because it does not appear to be a valid exported file." Am I crazy (sometimes electronics drive me there...)?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded to my mac via itunes, the free application of Alicelite. It will not go into the ibook application. It says: "The file 'AliceLite 2. 0.4.ipa' cannot be imported because it does not appear to be a valid exported file." Am I crazy (sometimes electronics drive me there...)?

This is an app made specifically to read this book. It will not be read through iBooks. You have to read it through the app itself.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, your making it way too hard. If you downloaded it in iTunes, and it is an app, all you have to do is sync, and go find it on your iPad (not in iBook).

yu12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
make sure you did the right setting for everything, such as app, movie, TV shows, books.

when you connect your ipad with iTUnes, you can see those sync settings.

Frezing Phoenix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like people have said before, you sync the iBooks application to your iPad.

Then if you have e-books on your Mac/PC [in ePubs] or PDFs you open them [or drag them to your iTunes Library] in iTunes. You will then see them under the Books category in your iTunes Library. Next time you sync your iPad, click on the Books Tab [under your iPad] and then select whether you wish to sync them all or a select few.

If you only wish to buy and read books from the iBooks Store you can skip all of the above and on your iPad you sign in with your iTunes Account and start shopping from the iBooks application! Good luck

photocat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my sister in law is getting an ipad (my brother is such a sweetie) any way she wants to download some books in ibooks so when the pad arrives she will be ready to have them sync.

they have ibooks already but they are at a loss as what to do next and i am not much help.

Does she need to wait until itunes sees the device?

thanks,

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any unlocked ebooks in the two right formats, namely epub and PDF can be added to the iTunes library. Then it's just a matter of syncing.

If you have ebooks in other formats you can convert them with special software such as the free Calibre.

Most reactions

Latest posts