What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put more apps on task bar

apidej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know we can change apps on task bar (lower tray) but don't know whether to more than 6apps on it, just as MacBook.
If you have some advice, I'll be appreciated.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know we can change apps on task bar (lower tray) but don't know whether to more than 6apps on it, just as MacBook.

that task bar is called "the dock".

stock(regular) iPads is limited to 6 as you said, jailbroken iPad's like mine can have as many apps in the dock, i think i have like 10, and also paging(i swipe right or left to flip thru them), with other things in my dock too..by using scrollingboard(a jailbreak tweak), second demo in the video below...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbLi5TBxxEk]Top 20 iPad Jailbreak Apps/Tweaks For 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You can put folders on the task bar too - each containing many apps - it's not quite the same thing, but gives you quick access to more than 6 apps.

Tim

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
You can put folders on the task bar too - each containing many apps - it's not quite the same thing, but gives you quick access to more than 6 apps.

Tim

Well I didn't know about that one, thank you :D

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
apidej

apidej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for good advices.

I like putting folder on dock, but how to? For MacBook, I think it is possible, but for iPad?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Same way you move apps, press and hold on them until they wiggle, then you can drag them around, to create folders drag an app on top of another one.

OP
apidej

apidej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I got it. By dragging an app over another will create folder.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And when you've created a folder with the apps in you can drag it to the task bar, if there's space there.

Tim

Gixer7502

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Springtomize is a decent Cydia app for stuff like this. Can also add extra rows to SB amongst other things.

OP
apidej

apidej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, I have already installed paid apps from apple store. I afraid about jail breaking will cause me to lose those apps.
Anyway, I have already group my apps into categorized folders and happy it for now.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, I have already installed paid apps from apple store. I afraid about jail breaking will cause me to lose those apps.
Anyway, I have already group my apps into categorized folders and happy it for now.

you will not lose any apps, and you can still buy more apps from the appstore when jailbroken, and you buy or get free tweaks from cydia store.

Most reactions