What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps running in background

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Firstly, compliments of the Season to everyone.
This is just a general question but I would appreciate your views. When I run apps on my iPad 3 I am always aware of what is in my task bar and always make an effort to delete them when I don't need them. My question is, is this good practice and am I using my battery power as economically as possible? Do theses apps use any extra juice if they are left in the task bar?
Thanks in advance,
Mike

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The best practice is to let the system manage apps, there is usually no need to manually kill apps and doing so can make the system work harder. The taskbar is simply a list of recently used apps, their appearance in the taskbar doesn't mean they're actively running.

Last edited:
OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, that makes sense. Just me being over cautious with my valuable battery life. I do use Battery Doctor to maintain & for charging my ipad but your advice is appreciated.
Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts