What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased apps

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me how to get rid of my purchased apps I have deleted in the App Store

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean delete them off your iPad or delete them from the "purchased" section in the app store? If so, you cannot. They will always be in the purchased section of the app store.

OP
wullie1967

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes moving it from the purchase area so anybody that plays with my ipad can't see what apps I have deleted

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wullie1967 said:
Yes moving it from the purchase area so anybody that plays with my ipad can't see what apps I have deleted

As has already been stated, you can't remove apps from your purchased list. Anybody who has access to your iPad will be able to look at your purchased list and see whatever apps you have deleted.
Deleting apps from your iPad will not delete them from your purchased list.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it also hide your purchased list that's stored on Apple servers and accessed via the purchased button in iTunes or the AppStore. Your link only mentioned hiding purchases on your computer and iOS device.

The hide function hides any deleted app you've previously purchased (keeps it from being shown on your iPad under the Purchased tab in Apps). If OP doesn't want people to know what he bought in past, and he's on iOS 5, that should do the trick.

If I have 200 purchased apps in my Purchased list, I hide two, only 198 will show unless I decide to unhide those two. I tried it because I buy apps and books for my young relatives and we play with them while I visit, then I'm never going to use them again, because the next time I see them, I'll have downloaded new ones. I don't need dozens of kids' books mucking up my app list when I actually want to find a purchased app that I might want to use again.

OP
wullie1967

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys but can I not connect it to my computer and delete them for good from there

Most reactions

Latest posts