What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protect the back but still use Apple cover

kriskiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a back to clip on to the back of the iPad 2 but still allows the use of the Apple flip cover on the front?

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a back to clip on to the back of the iPad 2 but still allows the use of the Apple flip cover on the front?

Check this link:

Protection for Your iPad, iPhone, iPod, And MacBook

Snap back protective cover $35

That looked interesting until I noticed in the video that the cover doesn't seem to stay on well. As he turned the iPad over the cover almost came off the edge. Also, there's an area of the end of the iPad back (for the speaker) that's left unprotected.

ajstan99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used clear contact paper, 4 bucks for a roll.

See some pics in this tread..

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-fo...-have-smart-magnetic-covers-2.html#post157211
Thanks for the idea, Max. At a minimum, this is a great interim solution to use with my smart cover until I can find a suitable slim folio case.

I just wound up cutting a rectangle to fit below the black plastic of the 3G antenna, to just above the speaker. In a couple of minutes I have close to 90% of the back of the iPad protected from scratches.

Regards,
ajstan

BeLLaRosE120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ajstan99 said:
Thanks for the idea, Max. At a minimum, this is a great interim solution to use with my smart cover until I can find a suitable slim folio case.

I just wound up cutting a rectangle to fit below the black plastic of the 3G antenna, to just above the speaker. In a couple of minutes I have close to 90% of the back of the iPad protected from scratches.

Regards,
ajstan

Sent from my iPad2

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nickso said:
I ordered a Marware micro shell.

There are multiple posts on this topic in the forums.

I want it in clear as I have a white ipad and with black u can see it all around the edges.of the ipad...mareware says they has no news on clear yet as they do have it in clear for the ipad 1.....anyone know of a clear similar.to the microshell to be used with smart cover?

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a SkinIt skin for the back of my iPad but I won't be putting it on until I get it replaced in a month or two for the light leak issue. I'm not wasting the $30 to only use it for two months.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kctay said:
I ordered this in clear...

http://www.xgearlive.com/products/catalog/ipad-2

I haven't received it yet, they ship at the end of this month. It is supposed to work well with the smart cover (it's the item at the top of the page, hit the down arrow select "clear")

Thanks, that's what I'm lookin for but I watched the video and I'm jus hoping it don't fall off as easy as it looked in the video. It was coming off jus as the guy was picking it up

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chazmink said:
I have bodyguardz film front and back and am waiting for a navy leather smart cover to arrive.
Charlie

I only bought the back as I had my original iPad with no surface scratch issues at all. Was the back Boduguardz easy to put on straight?

mhayslip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmj2011 said:
Marware micro shell will start shipping april 5 I believe.

I ordered mine a week plus ago. Looking forward to receiving it as I am
fearful I'm going to drop this $600 piece of electronic art and damage it
somehow.

Most reactions

Latest posts