What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protect the back but still use Apple cover

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting invisible shield put on the back this afternoon. I'll let you all know how it goes.

mhayslip

iPF Noob
Reaction score

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had invisible shield full body installed on my iPad 2. It does not interfere with the smart cover at all. I'm very happy with it.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bored2426 said:
I just had invisible shield full body installed on my iPad 2. It does not interfere with the smart cover at all. I'm very happy with it.

Where did u have it installed at and how much?

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chazmink said:
I have bodyguardz film front and back and am waiting for a navy leather smart cover to arrive.
Charlie

I only bought the back as I had my original iPad with no surface scratch issues at all. Was the back Boduguardz easy to put on straight?

I put mine on last week. I would not call it easy. I did finally get the back on decently, but it took quite awhile.
Now the front, I hated the way it went on and looked after it dried, so I took if off and put an SGP Ultra Crystal on the front. That one was very easy to apply and I love it. I have had one of those on my Droid X since I got it.

bgredz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the bodyguardz front and back with the black leather smart cover. With works good and looks great. It maintains it's thin form factor. I also pre-ordered the marware back. When it arrives, I will try it on and see how much thickness it adds to the device. It it is too think, I will send it back, and just continue to use my bodyguardz film to protect the back from scratches.

Djthart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone using a Zagg invisible shield on the back along with a smart cover? This was mine plan of action to protect the back of my iPad. Will the protector effect the magnets of the smart cover? Since it will create a void between the iPad and smart cover....

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elgerber said:
I put mine on last week. I would not call it easy. I did finally get the back on decently, but it took quite awhile.
Now the front, I hated the way it went on and looked after it dried, so I took if off and put an SGP Ultra Crystal on the front. That one was very easy to apply and I love it. I have had one of those on my Droid X since I got it.

My son and I installed the front and back bodyguardz together it I my easier with two people to line it up around the home button or camera lens and then roll it into position. We have done this on a couple of MacBoooks as well and it gets easier. Use plenty of spray on the film and your fingers and take your time. Take slot of time to squegee out the bubbles and liquid.
Good luck,
Charlie

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Bodyguardz only on the back. I'm using a smart cover no screen protector. I never had a scratch on my screens on any of my devices. The back guard was easy as pie to install and does not interfere with smart cover magnets.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On my first Gen iPad, I have been using the MacAlly Flexitpad, a clear soft, but firm, plastic case around the back of it. Fits like glove, wraps around the edges and only 2mm into the bezel (about 1mm past the silver bezel edge where the body starts). I love it. It's very much the same thing as the clear Belkin Gripvue only a little better in terms of hole/ports cut-outs. Nice protection, not too thick or too thin, is smooth and adds just the right amount of grip without any grabbing. I'd like to see something like it that would work with the iPad 2 and Smart Cover.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts