What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pros and cons?

ITGeekLondon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

First post here so go easy!

Can someone tell me the pro's and con's to Jail braking an IPad 2?

Can you also let me know if you wanted to revert back to un jailbroken ipad afterwards is that possible?

Is there anything that you can no longer do if you jail brake? Such as purchase/download legitmate films from Itunes? connect to an Apple TV?

I am sure these questions have been answered on other threads but wanted to get a good overview in one thread.

Any help appreciated!

Ben

OP
I

ITGeekLondon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, i also should have asked. The tutorial mentions it works on the following:

"This process works on the following iPads:

iPad1,1 – 2,1 – 2,2 – 2,3 – 3,1 – 3,2 – 3,3

(Support for iPad2,4 will be added at a later date)"

How do you check the version? I have an Ipad 2, but how do i know if its an Ipad 2,4?

The OS is 5.1.1 (9B206), but i cannot find a mention of Ipad 2,2 or Ipad 2,3? Am i right in saying this OS is Jail Breakable?

Thanks again.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, but with respect, we do ask you at least make an effort to read some of the stuff and use our search features. You are right. These questions have been asked and answered many many times. It's why we put so much of the important stuff into sticky threads. Start with those in the Hacking Section, and here specifically - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreaking-explained.html

Here is another post just a few below yours which answers your other question about finding your model number - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/77675-pad2-model-number.html

Another good resource is our tutorials section here - Jailbreaking & Hacking Tutorials & How-To Guides

Once you have had a chance to read and digest as much as possible, feel free to come back with specific questions once you have used our search to see if it has been asked and answered already! ;)

Good luck!

Most reactions