What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems With Utube

sdbpastor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently I purchase a New iPad (iPad 3) and am loving it. I have a fast Internet connection and appears to work fine except for Utube. Have yet to play anything that doesn't stop and start continuously. Other types of videos, locally or online, work fine. I routinely take college classes via video, some online, some stored locally and not a hitch but forget about Utube, it's all but useless. Any ideas what's wrong.

Don't seem to be able to remove it and reinstall it.

Thanks,
Rev. Michael L. Burns
[Moderator edit: Removed link to personal e-mail. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sdbpastor said:
Recently I purchase a New iPad (iPad 3) and am loving it. I have a fast Internet connection and appears to work fine except for Utube. Have yet to play anything that doesn't stop and start continuously. Other types of videos, locally or online, work fine. I routinely take college classes via video, some online, some stored locally and not a hitch but forget about Utube, it's all but useless. Any ideas what's wrong.

Don't seem to be able to remove it and reinstall it.

Thanks,
Rev. Michael L. Burns
[Moderator edit: Removed link to personal e-mail. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Some YouTube videos take a while to load before you can start playing them.Try waiting a few minutes before clicking the play button.Not all YouTube videos do this,some play right away.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want another forum member to contact you privately,ask them to send you a PM,instead of posting your email address.Besides being against forum rules,do you really want everybody out there to know your email address?

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
His email was probably in his signature line. I would get to worked up over it.

As far as YouTube it sounds to me like a weak connection. Sometimes the video does take a while to load. But if it's longer then normal your signal may not be able to support it.

OP
S

sdbpastor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, it was my standard signature line. I have since removed my Email address. I have checked my connection and it isn't slow. My iPod does Utube fine as does my notebook. I have waited for it to load and when I start Utube it plays a few seconds and then it stops. If I restart it it goes for maybe 5-10 seconds and stops again.Strange, but it doesn't take much to confuse me.

Michael

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your iPod is smaller so it is not going to need as much "juice" I have seen it lag on iPad for the reasons I mention. If you play it full screen on your note book I wonder of you have similar issues

Most reactions

Latest posts