What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems using handbrake to rip DVDs for my ipad

nicw70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I have an original version ipad and have been told about using Handbrake to convert DVDs to save to my itunes and play on it. This a brilliant program, but I seem to have problems with certain DVDs. Some convert perfectly and play perfectly and others completely pixilate when they are converted. Is there something I need to change in my setting to get Handbrake to work when converting all DVDs?
Thanks in advance!

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the same difficulties ripping two DVDs for my daughter. My solution was to first rip the discs through DVD Decrypter and then through Handbrake. Obviously the former strips all the copy protection (or whatever). Took forever to go through HB, but turned out sweet!

OP
N

nicw70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

I found a decrypter that I got a free trial for for 21 days and it worked a treat.
Thanks!

Most reactions