What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems transferring iCloud photos on pc

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My photos save successfully to my iCloud photostream on my pc. I want to be able to move the photos from there to another folder on my pc, but I've been unable to do this.

I have holiday photos I want to move (or copy) from the photostream to my holiday photos folder, but I can't select more than one photo at a time, and when I drag that selected photo from the photostream to another folder, all it copies over is a png thumbnail. The originals in the photostream are large jpegs.

Any ideas on how I can achieve what should be quite a simple thing?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you are in your PhotoStream on the PC, there should be the option "Open Folder" at the top right within the folder somewhere. At least it is in my case. Click on it, and the next view will allow you to select more than one picture at a time to copy/send/... a picture.

It's easier if you use software to get the photos to a folder on your PC. The one I found when searching, was Syncios iPad Transfer. I don't use it, so I can't tell you how it works.

Another method to get photos to your computer would be without iCloud - use another online storage. There are lots of them. If you have a Windows Live Mail/Hotmail/Outlook account, OneDrive would be an option. Load the photos to the app, they'll be synced to your PC. Or use Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, .... whatever you prefer.

OP
Jockscrap

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you are in your PhotoStream on the PC, there should be the option "Open Folder" at the top right within the folder somewhere. At least it is in my case. Click on it, and the next view will allow you to select more than one picture at a time to copy/send/... a picture.

Thanks very much. As Photostreaming seems to work really well for me, the above solution is perfect, and so simple now I know how. I've just tried it, and I've got my holiday snaps transferred with no problem. Your help is much appreciated

Most reactions

Latest posts