What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud - Photostream - Uploading from PC

jack.strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All, I wonder if anyone could help me.

Since owning apple devices (3gs,4s) I have backed up to my windows 7 computer, the raw jpeg and png files. I currently use a 4s and Ipad 4 which both get backed up to the computer, instead of the cloud. I have only just changed to this configuration, previously both were backing up photos and document to the icloud. I have icloud setup on my pc and when i changed the configuration I deleted all backups off my icloud account and it says 5gb free etc.

The reason i changed configuration is because I want to photostream the photos on my pc to my ipad and iphone 4s. Ive setup the folder using the windows client and added ~1400 photos into the upload folder. How do i transfer these files ? It doesnt seem to do anything.

Also photostream folder on the ipad: Ive turned off photostream and deleted the photos. Then when i turn it on it puts camera roll photos from the iphone and ipad which I have delete, but then if i turn off photostream and back on they just reappear :S Whats going on :S

note. I have compressed the files which are now ~200kb.

Thanks for your help :)

Most reactions