What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems mit motorola bluetooth keyboard

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I got a hugh problem its always giving me the error:"Make sure "Keyboard" (KB) is turned on, in range and ready to pair." Its not connected with anything... I'm pressing the keys V A and R it doenst work as well
Ipad air 2
Ios 10.0.2
Keyboard: https://www.amazon.de/Motorola-Blue...1&keywords=motorola+bluetooth+qwertz+tastatur

Hi again - thanks for starting your own thread and posting the information above - followed your link to the German Amazon store (cannot really read but I see iOS in the description, so assume should work w/ your iPad Air 2, which I also own). My first questions are: 1) Assume that you recently upgraded to iOS 10.0.2 - did this KB work w/ earlier iOS versions on your iPad; 2) Do you have a fresh set of batteries in the KB?

Also, I found this Motorola KB Manual online, which I assume is similar to your directions - a screen capture below shows the pairing and factory reset directions - appears that you've tried the pairing, but may need to do a factory reset? For myself, I have Apple's BT KB, so cannot provide any personal experience w/ your KB - good luck and hopefully a member w/ the same device will 'chime in' to help? Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 5.21.54 PM.png

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully @J. A. will come by and be able to give some assistance in German.

I suggest turning Bluetooth off and then back on again to ensure it is not already paired with another device.

Then turn the keyboard on using the N E W key sequence.

Look in Settings/Bluetooth and see if the name of the keyboard is in the list.

If it is, touch the name. You should see the words "Not connected" change to a spinning symbol.

After a few seconds, the keyboard should connect.

If it does not, turn it off and back on again, holding the V A R keys and then touch the name again in the Bluetooth list.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've found a rating below the article, stating that this device can't he used with iDevices, although it's in the description at the top. You can find that information in the manual, this one customer told. The rating was from August this year.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that, Johanna. At least we know now. I looked at the Amazon link and assumed that description was correct.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've found a rating below the article, stating that this device can't he used with iDevices, although it's in the description at the top. You can find that information in the manual, this one customer told. The rating was from August this year.

Thanks Johanna for helping w/ the German website - I found the Motorola BT KB on Amazon USA and assume that the models are similar or the same - looking at the English version of the manual HERE, there is no mention of Apple/iOS, just Android - so my assumption is that many of the key assignments are meant specifically for Android devices, but will the more usual keys work w/ any OS compatible w/ BT HID standards - not sure?

In looking at some of the Q&As and also the reviews on Amazon USA, there are conflicting comments for iOS devices, i.e. seems to have worked for some but not others - I believe the OP needs to return and tell us whether this KB may have worked on his/her iPad w/ an older iOS version and whether the reset was tried - my feeling is that the Motorola product will not be compatible - Dave :)

OP
X

xPhysalis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ie Tastatur funktioniert auch mit iOS-Geräten (z.B. iPad).
Beim Einschalten "V", "A" und "R" gedrückt halten, das Pairing starten (Click auf die Tastatur am iOS-Gerät) und den Code eingeben.
I found this in the comments under the rating. It means something like it works with ios as well if u press the keys v a and r.
I got it while ios was on 10.0.2 and reset was tried

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beim Einschalten "V", "A" und "R" gedrückt halten, das Pairing starten (Click auf die Tastatur am iOS-Gerät) und den Code eingeben.
I found this in the comments under the rating. It means something like it works with ios as well if u press the keys v a and r.
There's a rating from August 10 this year, the user's name is AW, which states the keyboard can't be used with iOS devices. Another one, from July, says the code they provided is wrong. That person searched for the code online, and found it, and now it's working with his/her iPad.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Well, if you have gone through the manual and did the key combos correctly and the reset (and the batteries are fresh), then the KB you own may just not work w/ your iDevice - my only other suggestion is to try it w/ an Android tablet to make sure the KB itself is not the problem?

Also, these BT KBs are cheap for iOS devices - here's a link to Amazon USA showing a number under $20USD - not sure what else to suggest, sorry? Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I found different instructions as well:

1) Tastatur ausschalten, die 3 Tasten N E W gedrückt halten und Tastatur einschalten (Reset)
2) Tastatur ausschalten, die 3 Tasten V A R gedrückt halten und Tastatur einschalten, dies schalten auf einen Modus um der bei IPhone/IPod und auch bei meinem Samsung TV nach dem Verbinden eine Zahl vorgibt die man dann in der Tastatur eingeben und mit Return/Enter bestätigen muss- fertig !

OP
X

xPhysalis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a rating from August 10 this year, the user's name is AW, which states the keyboard can't be used with iOS devices. Another one, from July, says the code they provided is wrong. That person searched for the code online, and found it, and now it's working with his/her iPad.
Ok but i cant even pair it the window with the code is not showing up instead its just putting out the error...
Its working with my computer acer aspire v3 and my phone htc 662g... but thnak u all for ur help... <3

Most reactions

Latest posts