What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem withbthe update of some apps

fagani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All
suddenly my ipad doesn't allow me the update of some apps already downloaded (keynote, numbers, ecc)

a message appears saying that the app is not compatible with this ipad (??!!??)

what does it mean? any precious help?

thanks/fabio

Soniaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
I have iPad 1 and I have the exactly the same problem. Can anyone tell me if you definitely need to upgrade to iOS 5..... HELP!

Erhard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
to update to iOS5, simply plug your iPhone or iPad to your MAC or PC. Once iTunes is up and running, it should tell you that an updated iOS is available, namely iOS5. However, I believe you should also update iTunes first, in order to make it all work with iOS5, you can do that by clicking on iTunes on the upper left corner of the window (with iTunes open) and click on 'Check for updates'....its a bit of a lengthy process, so just sit back and wait......I've updated my MacMini, iTunes, iPhone4 and iPad2...no problems at all and no issues with incompatible Aps...at least with the ones I use....
And yes, iOS5 is compatible with the first gen iPad.

OP
F

fagani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you
is there a risk to loose the apps and all the documents already downloaded after the upgrade?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fagani said:
thank you
is there a risk to loose the apps and all the documents already downloaded after the upgrade?

There appears to be from reading the threads but mine went flawlessly, everything back where it should be......the only thing I have lost since getting my iPad is my mind!

If you do lose them then apps can be re-downloaded for free. If you have important documents then I suggest putting them in Dropbox first so if the worst happens you can get them back.

Erhard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There appears to be from reading the threads but mine went flawlessly, everything back where it should be......the only thing I have lost since getting my iPad is my mind!

If you do lose them then apps can be re-downloaded for free. If you have important documents then I suggest putting them in Dropbox first so if the worst happens you can get them back.

same here, absolutely no problems with all of my upgrades. Reading some of the threads here with people seemingly having all kinds of problems, really not sure why that is happening, unless there are more issues with Windows PC's than Mac's.
I made sure that iTunes as well as my Mac were fully updated before I plugged my iPhone and iPad2 in to update, I do think it is critical to ensure that your Mac and PC are completely up to date with all software before plugging your iPhone/iPad in!
For my MacMini at least, there were nearly 1G of updates in relation to iOS5!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple plugged nearly 100 "vulnerabilities" in iOS with iOS 5. Many apparently were related to editing of "foreign" (i.e. Microsoft Office) documents with Pages and Numbers. That suggests that the updates for those apps required support by iOS 5. In some cases, however, the "incompatibility" message was erroneous and may have been related to the deluge of upgrade requests that buried Apple's servers. I received the message, ignored it, and eventually the apps were updated before I successfully downloaded iOS 5 and updated my iPad.

calmarez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are definitely more problems with Windows PCs than Macs. I was unable to download 2 apps I purchased since updating iTunes and iPad (yesterday). I got error -50 on both of them when trying to download from my Windows XP laptop. Downloading from an iMac was flawless.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are definitely more problems with Windows PCs than Macs. I was unable to download 2 apps I purchased since updating iTunes and iPad (yesterday). I got error -50 on both of them when trying to download from my Windows XP laptop. Downloading from an iMac was flawless.

Could be, especially since XP is two revs back from the current Windows OS. Haven't seen that particular problem mentioned, but it could be that iTunes 10.5 doesn't play well with XP at least in the context of the iOS 5 upgrade. (I assume you upgraded iTunes to 10.5 before trying the upgrade.)

Most reactions

Latest posts