What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem syncing my iPad

Klmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT='Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I have a friend who has an iPad2 and when she tried to sync it to her PC it gave her and error message saying that you need to purge the iPad before it will sync?? Ok that was new to me and couldn't find anything on the net about this. Any ideas?? Also I know she is out in the boonies so her internet is slow. Last night they went to update itunes and it took for ever, were for me its maybe 10 minutes. Still had problems syncing this am. Could it be from the very slow connection ??

[/FONT]​
:mad:

cowboys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have similar problem, neither iPad not iPod will sync ( to Mac Book laptop computer) and no message is displayed as to potential
problem.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am having the same problem I updated iTunes and now it will only backup to the cloud.
When I try to back up to computer it will not allow me to change methods of backup. I usually backup
to my computer once a week ,just in case. I didn't get any message, it just won't let me change.

☮ ♥ 

Last edited:

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I went and turned off backup to iCloud and I was then able to back up to my computer.
I don't mind doing that but in the old version of iTunes I could do it right from the computer without turning it off.

☮ ♥ 

Most reactions