What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can not sync my ipad

Andrew_Hague

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to sync my ipad with my PC. this has worked before but has now thrown a wobbler.

First it offers me an update in the ipad software. If I accept it says, after a short attempt, that it can not progress because a sync is in progress. If I refuse it goes through the sync process then, after about 5 minutes, at the end of satge 5, it flashes up the message

"Itunes could not back up the Ipa "ipad" because a session could not be started with the Ipad."

When I accept this the next message is
sync complete but nothing has been updated.

I have re-booted the PC to see if that is the answer.

Any ideas?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe you need to reboot the iPad before you try to sync. Press and hold both the home button and the sleep button until the apple appears. I interrupted a sync and had to reboot before iTunes would start a new sync.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
A

Andrew_Hague

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all who helped.

I managed to hang the ipad but sorted that with help from another post. Once Ipad had been rebooted it did sync and is now behaving itself again.

Most reactions

Latest posts